Monday, May 9, 2011

Self-Portrait

Painting Title: Self Portrait 1907
Pablo Picasso:
Cubist Paintings
Famous Spanish Artists - Self Portrait Paintings - Male Portraits - 20th Century Painter
Painting Title: Self-Portrait in a Striped T-shirt 1906
Oil on Canvas
Henri Matisse
Famous French artists - 20th Century painter



I can not figure out how to rotate these images.  Sorry!!!!


I choose these 3 pieces because of who the artists are.  Van Gogh, Matisse and Picasso are three of the most famous artists in the world and I am very inspired by all of the work that they create including these self-portraits.

I choose pencil because it seems to be the easiest of me to use to create a piece of artwork.  With other types of media, I am not able to grip them or use them the way they are supposed to be used. 

While creating my self-portrait, the challenge I faced was not being artistic and having to draw a picture of myself.  Drawing is not a strong point for me as you can see in my artwork but I tried to illustrate the features of my face as best as possible.

This piece represents me because it is me.  It is a copy of a portrait of me.  Also the way I shaded the piece represents me.  I am not sure how else something can represent me besides it being oneself.

While trying to create a self-portrait I used line, harmony, color and shape.  These elements are important while creating a self-portrait. 

Yes, I did enjoy working on this project however being as artistically enabled such as myself it is hard to create some kind of an image that look similar to me.  I do think that you can tell a small similarity between my photograph and my hand drawn piece.

I think that my final artwork is a little rough around the edges but I can tell that the drawing is inspired by the photograph.  I am not very good at drawing but I did the best I can do.  Hopefully, you will be able to see a similarity as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment